Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Nice Informative article!

i think this goes on with the majority of stocks...I have a core of stocks that I have brought for the long term and I follow them closely...invariable when they spike up 10,15, 20% or more there is an announcenent a day or two later. Call it stock manipulation, insider trading, whatever...there is no doubt in my mind that some people are privvy to the informaton before the general public and they buy and sell on this information. Who wouldn't its almost human nature. And also an indication of the disdain they treat the small investor with. These stocks always correct after the general public have jumped in once again too late. One reason why I buy for the long term...all the shares have done well for me but if i was reacting to the swings I'd be a basket case by now. I went to seminar by Investor Web which touched quite a lot on this point. I think last week was a good example with Wine Planet...trading at around 50cents started to dive to 38cents at the close of the day...Lo and Behold Cellar Masters had bought around 14% of the shares...this was announced to the ASX ...5 mins after the close of trading. I wonder how many people got rid of shares wondering what was going on and at what price Cellar Masters got in there...i bet it was pretty close to the closing price. And most of it was stsrted by directors of Wine Planet divesting themselves of shares in Wine Planet to get the ball rolling (in this case downhill). At the end of the day not a bad result for Wine Planet though...a major shareholder interest..and for those who held on probably a good story too in the LONG TERM

Of course I'm only speculating that this is the scenario as it happened. (I'm a cynic...I only believe the stuff I've made up myself)

Steve
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.