Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Nice post Joe. (sorry if it offends you that I said that:)

As someone who is vehemently covid-safe, *and* resentful of those who I feel have helped make even y local school district unsafe due to beating back mask mandates, etc....I also don't feel glee when they die. BUT - the only sympathy I feel is for loved ones left behind. The people who were TOLD the science, who had the MEANS to get a jab and mask - when they die again I don't feel glee- but at best I shrug my soldiers and I'm frankly more annoyed when someone scores against Detroit during a hockey game.

My side loves touting "personal responsibility" - and I believe that 100%.....so in this case, well, if someone doesn't take personal responsibility - oh well. No cheer - but no sympathy unless for loved ones left behind.

To me this is one of those times, you really gotta want freedom, and really need to appreciate it. Because sometimes I get tempted: No vax, no mask, - ok - no driver's license. When this whole thing started I wrote that the trillions we're gonna spend - that's gonna end up buying Starbucks drinks and Chinese goods.....I wish the hammer was down - and *everyone* MUST stay inside, and the weekly rice-beans-and cookie supplies will be left on the doorstep. We're gonna stop this thing from spreading. Then you get vaccines. THEN once you show anti-bodies, here's your driver's license back and go on about your business.

But alas, that's tyranny. And I guess the one thing better than doing what I said - is NOT being allowed to do what I said.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.