No. of Recommendations: 7

Well I just proved that I have no life, again. Look at my pretty red star.

Catleen
Yearning towards that star for weeks.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Yippee!! for ya.

Mangard

And what a lovely Red Star it is too...

One day I hope to aspire to stardom as well...

- Lan
No. of Recommendations: 0
Catleen
Yearning towards that star for weeks

How do you get a red star? I see it.... what does it mean?
I guess I'm still new.

Isn't there a red star yeast? Are u rising?

joyce

Hey Catleen !!! Look at you shinning bright. Ya know, TMF should award suns to those that brighten our day. Catleen, you get my vote for one of those. Your 1000 posts have made the Fool a happier place for the rest of us.

How do you get a red star? I see it.... what does it mean?
I guess I'm still new.

Isn't there a red star yeast? Are u rising?

joyce

Joyce, You get the stars by the number of posts you make. Hold your arrow on Catleen's red star....you will see it take 1000 posts to earn a red star...hold it on my three stars...you see it takes 500 posts for three stars. If you haven't already noticed, in your profile it will show how many posts you have made so far.

Ester

Catleen
Yearning towards that star for weeks.

Hee hee! That star shines beautifully on you, Catleen! I'm waiting to pop the bubbly when you get the big yellow one. ;-)

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba
Joyce:

It means that I posted 1000 times. Scary thought. Just click on the stars and they will tell you how much each star is in actual posts.

Catleen
Still proving that I have no life
Ester:

Glad to read your post. I badly needed something to brighten my day. My dad landed in ICU with some more heart problems and I ended up staying in the hospital with him for 5 hours. The procedure they tried didn't work, and tomorrow we will see what they do next. He is one unhappy pup in that hospital.

Catleen
Tony:

Oh no! You just reminded me that I have yet another thing to work towards.

Catleen
My dad landed in ICU with some more heart problems and I ended up staying in the hospital with him for 5 hours. The procedure they tried didn't work, and tomorrow we will see what they do next. He is one unhappy pup in that hospital.

Greetings, Catleen, so sorry to hear of this. I remember when your dad was last in the hospital and how tough it was on both of you then. I will keep good thoughts in mind for you.

xraymd

My dad landed in ICU with some more heart problems and I ended up staying in the hospital with him for 5 hours. The procedure they tried didn't work, and tomorrow we will see what they do next. He is one unhappy pup in that hospital.

Catleen,

I'm very sorry to hear of your Dad's health problems, and I hope by the time you read this, he's feeling better.

You and your dad will be in my thoughts!

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba
Hah.. I leave out of here for a few days and see what happens!

Best to Catleen and Dad who has not had it good lately..

wdg :>

who just saw Mom Wild this week who looked way too beat....:<
I have to report that my dad still remains in ICU. Apparently the drugs are doing their thing and he remains a bit more comfortable. Not sure when he gets to leave. They have cancelled the second surgery for now. I am willing to bet that he can't wait to leave the hospital so he can fill up on sugar, fat, salt and peanut butter (all the things a heart patient and a person with diabetes should not have). That is what got him in this position to begin with.

Oh well. Gotta love him the way he is, he surely isn't going to start behaving at this old age.

So, Wildgirl, are you sure that he is not a member of your family???

Catleen

Sorry to hear about your father... Hope he pulls through!

- Lan
No. of Recommendations: 3
Reminds me of Mom Wild who of course knows all. Knows her heart is failing.. continues on her walk around the block with the neighbors. Calls doctor and has a "discussion" and he tells her "Hang up" and call 911.

Here comes the ambulance.. Mom Wild puts herself on the stretcher after more discussion. They were not going to "carry her out"! So she walks out of the house and goes to the driveway and lies down. Few weeks in hospital...

Then Sister Wild goes to the doctor with Mom W. and tells the doctor Mom is doing lawn work and lifting. So Mom W. is mad.

Then Mom W goes back to the hospital. Then something happens to sister Wild and she is in the hospital and Mom W is the director of that show.

I call them and am always a little fearful of what I will hear. I try so hard to stay healthy. I'm afraid they may come to see me otherwise!

wdg :>
don't start me on my Grandmom Wild. Another story entirely.

Catleen,

I'm sorry to hear that your Dad is ill. My prayers are with him. Yep, you gotta love 'em just the way they are because Dads won't listen when it comes to comfort food.

I hope he is feeling better soon.

Wildgirl, you never cease to amaze and entertain me. :-)

Ester
Ester:

The problem is that all the wrong foods are comfort foods for him. His antics still continue while he is in ICU. His poor wife called me up crying again last night. I feel so bad for her.

Of course I love him. He is a character and will remain a character. Wildgirl and I are discovering family roots. My theory is that her mother and my father are somehow related! Gotta be, they sound like blood brothers, or blood sisters or whatever it might be.

Catleen
Catleen,

Congrats on your red star.. :) hope to have one by my name someday.

Caliban30
Thanks, Caliban, but do you know that you have to give up having a life as well? Just joking.

Who would know that life would change so much. I never imagined that I would have friends that I would not live near, probably never see but still friends the say, by email?

Catleen
Thanking someone for email and the internet, but, not sure who. Al Gore??