Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
NigelGlitter wrote:
The beauty of genius is its profound, simple grasp of the obvious.

If some supreme, supernatural being were to exist, it would seem to me that it would be completely efficient, and not all that complex.

I would intuitively assert (any proofs? partial proofs?) that you can only achieve complete efficiency if there's only ever 1 possible answer to every problem you're trying to solve. Which (to me) directly implies all available solutions must be expressible in limited pure mathematics, which in this context basically means the physical laws of the universe.

If there's more than 1 possible answer, then you need some intelligence to select which one.

If you're trying to solve problems like "should I answer this mortal's particular prayer, and if so, then how?" then at a minimum you'll need something that can make sense of all human languages. I don't see any "simple" solution to such things.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.