Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Nkarta (NKTX) IPO’d today. The company is involved in natural killer (NK) cells for treatment of hematologic malignancies. I caught the tail end of an interview with Cavuto today on FBN. Does anyone have any insight into this technology?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Ha!

I had actually just looked at their website and investor slide deck today.

Downside- SamsaraBio doesnt look like it brings alot of winners to market thusfar.

Lots of ifs here:
- *if* CAR-NK is cheaper & easier to manufacture
- *if* CAR-NK actually has lower CRS

*AND* if it's actually 34% or better response rate ( which is what their "overall" study response is- with trials ranging from 20% to 100% efficacy, with the largest trial of 42 patients showing 21%)

then we may have something. intriguing and something to keep an eye on, but I want to see some better data first. Still early.
Hi Fuma. I’ll look at the slide deck this weekend. I appreciate your reply. Hopefully we can continue this discussion on this board.
Somewhat OT, but been meaning to post about this anyway...

I'm concerned about "off the shelf" CART therapy. Cellectis just got their hand slapped & placed on a clinical hold.

NKarta seems to advertise an off the shelf option. Cellectis is making me very concerned about anyone with off the shelf options without mountains of safety data.
Doesn’t seem to be off topic to me. A nice word of caution to add into the assessment. Thanks
Thanks for thought re: CAR-T concerns. The only “off-the-shelf” approach that comes to immediate mind is Gritstone(?). What (other) companies are pursuing this approach? Thanks,

B
I just reviewed the presentation from 7/1/20. The presentation is certainly all positive. Noticeably it does not mention any risks or potential roadblocks. How does one discover that information?
Well, usually there is a trial or two that we can look into! Not so much here with NKarta, so we had to get fancy.

In their presentation, the list of cited papers on page 17, those are actually hyperlinks to the papers. They bachnova 42 patient paper from 2014:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4064329/

"Later grade 3 to 5 toxicities, which included infection or fevers (n = 5), cytomegalovirus viremia (n = 1), alveolar hemorrhage (n = 2), pulmonary events (n = 2), pleural effusion (n = 1), candidemia (n = 1), fungal pneumonia (n = 1), atrial fibrillation (n = 1), left ventricular dysfunction (n = 1), typhlitis (n = 1), meningitis (n = 1), and Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)-associated lymphoma (n = 1), were most likely related to prolonged cytopenias and immune suppression"

Honestly not sure how this compares to stemcell transplant, but that seems like a list that gets you a black box warning 😳😳😳
I opened a started position today, bought at $36.85