Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi All,
I have posted a while ago regarding starting a clomid cycle. Now I am on cycle #4. My OBGYN keeps telling me every thing is excellent. My hisand's sperm is great etc. Basically, he found 1-2 good folicles each time, me period was delayed by 3-4 days to ensure a long luteal period. He said that my endometric lining was good. He wants to try a total of 6 cycles all with IUI (I asked for it because I didn't see any point in not using it). So far, nothing turned up.

My clomid cycle goes like this.
1. Get a base line ultrasound on day 3 of period, start clomid
2. Continue clomid for 5 days (55mg).
3. go in for a follicle u/s on day 13th. Get/give myself HCG shot.
4. IUI in 36-40 hours after HCG.
5. Start prometrium after HCG.
6. 2 weeks after HCG, go in for a blood test.
7. Clinic calls me with the result (so far -ve), I stop prometrium. Go back to step #1.

My doc is real good, I have been happy with him so far. But, now that I am on cycle #4, I am wondering if there is any point in doing 6 cycles. My OBGYN works with a real good fertility clinic and he said that he would send me there if there is no luck after 6 cycles.

I am getting 3 days of cramping now in stead of one before/during my period. My doc attributed it to the follicles and the thicker endometric lining. Has anyone experienced the same?

Has anyone had 6 clomid cycles and got successful? This whole thing is so darn confusing.

Thanks much,
Rianah
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.