Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
The teaching program for 2013 got cancelled except for one town for which there are enough experienced teachers. It happened for a variety of reasons too boring for me to inflict on you. Good thing I didn't buy my tickets yet.

So help me out here -- where should I go to get my spring Spanish fix in the coming year? Los Angeles, NYC and Houston are not options.

--fleg
Print the post Back To Top
So help me out here -- where should I go to get my spring Spanish fix in the coming year? Los Angeles, NYC and Houston are not options.

--fleg
----------------------------
Don't you get Telemundo?
So help me out here -- where should I go to get my spring Spanish fix in the coming year?

Guatemala

or you could go to Spain and practice up on your dialect there......"true Spanish" as opposed to South American SPanish...

Do they still speak Spanish in the Phillipines?

t.
Peru and tour Machu Picchu.

JLC
Do they still speak Spanish in the Phillipines?

I don't think so. My cousin had a neighbor whose mother was from the Philippines and she spoke Spanish, but none of the Filipinos I've met since then did. The main language, Tagalog, has a lot of borrowed words from Spanish and sometimes I can pick them out. But that doesn't make for understanding.

Peru and tour Machu Picchu.

Good idea but been and done just four years ago. Maybe I'll have a beer and eat Spanish peanuts.

--fleg
No. of Recommendations: 3
The main language, Tagalog, has a lot of borrowed words from Spanish and sometimes I can pick them out. But that doesn't make for understanding.
-------------------------------------------------
Fascinating, a language based on Girl Scout cookies. I'll tell you one thing, i'd hate to visit a place that speaks thin mint.

http://baking.about.com/od/familybaking/a/girlscoutcookie_2....
How about Ecuador or Uruguay?

or one of the islands off Spain? nice vacation spots....but might be expensive..... or not.....

t
"So help me out here -- where should I go to get my spring Spanish fix in the coming year? Los Angeles, NYC and Houston are not options." - --fleg

When we were in Orlando, Florida a little over a year ago there were places we went where all we heard were people talking Spanish. You can't get a job in Miami, Florida unless you are bilingual. I imagine that you can find a large number of people speaking Spanish pretty much anywhere in Florida south of Orlando.

Arturo
Maybe I'll have a beer and eat Spanish peanuts.

But when you're thirsty, make sure its a Dos Equis.

JLC
No. of Recommendations: 1
When we were in Orlando, Florida a little over a year ago there were places we went where all we heard were people talking Spanish.

Heck, I can show you large stretches of Chicago that are like that too.
Good idea but been and done just four years ago. Maybe I'll have a beer and eat Spanish peanuts.

Elaine: It was unbelievable. Six weeks of traveling through Mexico all on Peterman's peso.

Jerry: Wow. So did you get any good ideas for the catalog?

Elaine: Oh, tons!

Jerry: Anything you couldn't have gotten tearing open a bag of Doritos and watching Viva Zapata?

Elaine: (laughs sarcastically) You don't respect my work at all, do you?

Jerry: No, I don't.