Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
No doubt it is cheaper to own a nee Camry, depending on your insurance company and the mostly fixed cost of electricity. But only if you assume certain gasoline cost. Owning a Corolla would be cheaper than either. Also used vs new, etc.
The difference in driving experience jump between a Tesla and a Camry is bigger than the gap between a Corolla and Camry (have owned all 3) . You really can't compare BEV and ICE, apples and oranges, different strokes for different folks. If money is the whole key , a used car is the way to go, the best product for the money being a used GM or Ford car.(depreciation is your friend buying used.) And depreciation is the main car expense the first few years.

Ant tires that last over 75,000 miles are probably not performance tires, longer life goes with less traction, you save money but there is a safety price to pay.

I don't know abut the 3, but insuring my 2014 S is expensive. I suspect that while insurance companies have a big accident database, what they charge is based on the maximum they can get the public to pay.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.