Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
No end of year financial update yet, as I haven't had the urge to count up our net worth yet. I know that not much has changed, except that the housing market did continue to grow during 2015 in the Silicon Valley, which affects both net worth, and a solid growing rental income.

We moved to Europe in Oct last year, kids are in the local school here, and we are enjoying the adventure of living in a new country. My wife did get a part time job*, which helps out on our ongoing expenses, but we are also living our typical below our means lifestyle, of course with selected expenditures like spending the summer in the south of France this coming summer.

* My wife's part time job allows us to utilize various benefits here including free healthcare.

Still planning on heading back to the States by the end of this year. But we are setting some roots here for the possible future.

--
whyohwhyoh
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.