Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

I know many of us enjoy the Foolanthropy campaigns and it appears there isn't one again this year.  I say bah humbug to that; we can do it ourselves.

Here's how it works.  Anyone so inclined posts a matching challenge or pitch for a charity and see if we can build a little enthusiasm, momentum and fun while helping out some worthy causes.  It can be a little or a lot or just adding comments.

There's already one gift challenge underway with HarryCarysGhost's Dividend Contest.

To get it rolling, for every comment to any of my blog entries or articles between today and Christmas, I'm donating 30 cents per comment up to $150 to Lutheran World Relief

Last year, it was three sets of school supplies.  This year, I'm planning on giving cash - but will entertain suggestions from the LWR gift catalog.

Short of ideas for comments?  Links to favorite holiday music are always good.  Or, one of my favorites is posting the value of 30 cents in some other currency or commodity.  For example:

30c = 1294.5 Paraguayan Guarani (PYG)

Join in, play along, ask questions, help spend my money, have some fun!

Fool on!  Russ 

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.