No. of Recommendations: 2
No intention to shame anybody. I sincerely do not understand the appeal of fast food. I seem to be immune to their addictive ingredients. Excpet McD's tallow-fried french fries in the 60s/70s--those were awesome. Even Julia Child said so! And I never met a fried fish I didn't like, although fast-food fish sandwiches are seriously inferior to homemade or seafood-house fried fish.

Exhausted and achy after sorting/packing at my brother's yesterday, I picked up takeout from the cheap Chinese joint(!). I would have to drive much further for fast food, this place is pretty fast anyhow, and the hubster loves their steamed dumplings, fried wings, and hunan shrimp so I get takeout from there maybe every other month. I got shrimp egg fu yung for my breakfast, too ;-)

ASIDE
Gotta finish sorting/packing by thursday, when mover picks up the stuff to be stored at bro's warehouse (in case he ever lives some place larger than his current 1-room assisted living apartment) plus a few items moved to assisted living (his huge DVD collection, its cabinet, and a bluray player). A carful for me to donate (who has 8 sets of sheets for their bed and 3 sets each for guest beds?!). Only 1 more trash day before closing as well. And the final cleaning. And meeting the final tradesman tomorrow. I did this for my mom's house last spring as well.

For pete's sake, don't leave all this work for your aging-herself sister or daughter! Next year, I'm attacking our own excess belongings, shredding old paperwork, catching up any deferred maintenance so my kids don't have so much work when I'm too decrepit.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.