No. of Recommendations: 2
...because this thread is about Brexit.

Or, more accurately, news headlines revolving around Brexit.

At a high-level, I believe I understand that, in a close and surprising vote, the people of Britain decided to leave the EU. Being clever, the Brits then said "british + exit = brexit". Or so I assume.

Theresa May is, like, today's Margaret Thatcher or something.

I have no idea if May is for or against Brexit in general, or if she is just for or against her particular idea of what a Brexit should look like when it actually happens.

And I don't care.
I don't care about the Queen either...concept of a ruling class by blood is stupid and ancient and outdated. I did watch Suits for first few seasons, and I admit the new princess is a hottie. But, in general, I don't care about Britain much more than I would care about Italy or Spain or Switzerland. Might be nice to visit someday, but there is enough stuff I haven't seen in the US to keep me busy and I hate long flights.

So why do these stupid and relentless headlines assume I have any clue about the inner politics of May and British Parliament and Brexit.

I don't care. Does anyone in US care? If so, why?

Dreamer <--- someday I will exit...or "Drexit" and then that would be worth caring about.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.