Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
No one is paying attention to coke? Great. I'll say it again..GREAT.
Stocks like Coke and some of the best stocks in the world to own at any time. IF you are a long term investor then now is the time to get in to some KO. The price is down a bit and the "big guys" institutional investors are so enamoured with the tech stuff that they are missing out on the tried and true firms like Coke.

I own some KO shares in a DRP (dividend reinvestment plan). I like it when the price fluctuates because then my divs buy me more..and I can then put a little extra in the plan when the price is down. If money is tight then I just sit back and let the DRP work it's magic. Then when the stock splits....bonus.

My point? IF you are a long term guy it's always a good idea to buy the jewels like KO or G etc when nobody is paying attention.

Hope this helps.

Carl King

ps: My father-in-law tells me that when it comes to ivesting take your time making decisions. IF you by in haste you can have a long time to repent your decision.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.