Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
No one lies on their death bed and says "I wish I would have worked more". - gcr

-------------------

I don't mind working a little bit in retirement. It is a small company with less than 30 employees, all people I have known for years and like (most of them). I can more or less set my own schedule and put in one or two days work spread over the entire week. It gives me access to a group health plan and also provides me with some social engagement as well as a chance to exercise my spreadsheet skills.

So I guess I am saying, the appeal of working in retirement varies by individual and is a lot easier when you really don't need the income.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.