Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I own my condo. It's initial value was 1/3 of my assets but it is in a swanky beach hot spot and rents year round or how much ever I want for 5,000 a month. Will pay for itself in year 5 or 6, around the bend.

Also, I have guaranteed income until I die of 70- 80,000/year. Not including capital gains or withdrawals from my 650,000 liquid assets. I am single. Happy that way. I'm 60.

I still have a lot of cash and plenty to keep investing as I've been every where I want to go, so far, and done most everything I've wanted to do. I've had some BAD times but I came out ok somehow. Through my union 100% Health Care Coverage, negligible deductible.

It sounds good right? I'm scared. I'm scared I've overlooked some run away inflation era looming or I DON"T KNOW!

What can I or should I do or go from here with my assets. Am I missing something obvious!!!

My son is disabled and works but low income earner. But his father takes care of him. And will leave hima nice inheritance which I'd like to do too. But nothing overboard. He's a simple guy. Small needs and wants. Inexpensive lifestyle. Good wife. That might not last but it should, his dad's almost 70 and not in excellent health.

My mom lived to be 90 and he mom almost 100 her 2 sisters 103, 104. That I don't think about but just throwing in everything. Am I missing something necessary? Fun? Or advantageous to my son?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.