Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

This may be a little off topic for this board but here goes...

I am a self employed consultant who was told by a potential customer that if I line item invoice them for travel expenses at the local per-diem rate ($145/day for lodging and meals according to IRS charts) they will not report it to the IRS as they would the regular 1099 income for hourly services delivered. The implication is that I won't owe taxes on the per-diem reimbursables.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.