No. of Recommendations: 0
No we're not. We're going to make over 200 trillion dollars just in the next ten years. And you think we can't find a way to lower the debt to a percentage of GNP that is reasonable over that time without making people suffer, live in poverty, because the wealthy may have to pay a little more?

LOL @ u.
Your strawmen are laughable. (No one said anything about making people suffer, or live in poverty, the least of reasons of which that the wealthy pay more).

So far as I can tell, what you consider help many people would consider non-help, and in its worst manifestations, actual abuse.

Sorry, but I'm not going to wipe your a$$ for you. You'll have to manage on your own for that.

Ah, now you nit pick. I can do the same. I don't see why the tax-payer should support seven figure compensation packages as a legitimate business expense, or mortgages on $15 million houses. Or useless fighters and aircraft carriers, or a criminal concetration camp in Cuba.

Then write the guy you voted for, because he signs off on all those things. In the meantime, I'll note that you agree with me that the $150 million for the Alaska nonsense had no business being in the bill and it should have been stricken.

Which means you also disagree with Chris Christie and support Boehner on this one. BTW, complaining about a bill that's 50% isn't "nit picking".

It does make sense to spend wisely, and sometimes, it makes sense to borrow for the long-term good. Now, we've had three decades of borrowing for the wrong reasons, and we need to balance the books of those terrible mistakes -- and have the people who benefited most from those mistakes -- who pocketed a lot of what became our debt -- to pay it. You don't. You want to keep the money.

You're straight out of a Karl Marx novel, you know that?

The irrelevance is the "I got mine by hook and by crook," and its unAmerican for me to give some of it back, even at the margin of my undeserved wealth. And you're right -- that's a mistake we will have to pay for for a long long time.

Failure. I pay enough in taxes to float a battleship. I won't be lectured by the likes of you as to what I pay or don't pay.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.