Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
Nobody's coming for my (or your) guns. Obama has said absolutely nothing that lends any support to the idea that he's coming after guns. What's funny, however, is that this absolute silence is interpreted by the NRA and the right as proof that he's planning to take away our guns.
------------------------------------------------------------
He said if they come for his 401K and guns. And you might be right about them not coming for 401k's "because it would never fly", but that's the only reason they wouldn't do it, but they are already calling contributions a subsidy, so if there's a way to carve out a constituency to save the benefit for, like the "middle class" and play the middle class and the people without 401k's against, "the rich", i could totally see them ending tax free contributions for them and then working from there. I wouldn't underestimate the liberal mindset that sees all money as the governments money and what you keep as a sort of gift, that's why they say things like "subsidy" and "revenue enhansements", they don't see it as your money, they see it as money they've let you keep because they've been nice, but now they're spending 25% of GDP and, well, you know, times are tight for free spending Sammy.

As for guns, after Fast & Furious i would not underestimate the governments desire to clamp down on guns.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.