Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
As we are remodeling both bathrooms here at home, we're using our 28' Keystone Zepalin for sleeping, toilet needs for a few weeks..

Heater, fine, no problem.

Air Conditioner was fine, but suddenly began making noises like its circulation fan was rubbing on it's housing.. I removed the inner cover, nothing accessible there at all, put it back together..

Up top, well at my age I don't like the thought of climbing up there, like is the roof strong enough for my now 250#'s? Likely OK if I use some plywood to spread the load a bit.

I tried calling my local mobile RV repairman, Take, but his number has been disconnected, as did a couple other numbers for him. May have left the area, or worse, but no way to know.. Asked at the RV Parts shop, if they had a mobile repair guy, but he said it was booked 6 weeks out.. No help.

So I get my ladder out, but when I get near the top, I see Yellowjackets coming and going from the top unit! Crap, not going there! So I grabbed my big old Sears ShopVac, and with a couple extensions, suck up quite a few of the critters, but they keep on coming!! So, I ran the unit, it was fairly quiet for a while, but then making a racket again.. I used some blocks and a weight to position the ShopVac hose near the side grating. So then, I got my hose, and really drenched the top unit, while it's running, while the ShopVac sucked up some water, some Yellowjackets.. The noise settled down to normal! So maybe I dislodged the bees or maybe a stick that was in there..

I really hesitate to pull that cover off, 20-30 screws..A Carrier unit.. So the plan for now is to ignore the rattles... Maybe the critters will move on..

weco
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.