Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
When I first posted this in July all of us knew little about GPRS, now that we know a little more about it I thought I would repost this;

http://www.nokia.com/investor/presenta/3g_business_seminar/54.html

What I found interesting and why I am posting it again is that it says those beautiful little words that just blew me away that only hyper-analysis will uncover.

"ONLY SUPPLIER IN A GPRS VOLUME DELIVERY SITUATION"

I missed that the first time around. The reason we have a 50%+ market share in GPRS is because we are the first out of the gate and are the only ones that can deliver a GPRS network to many customers at the same time. This is what I believe that this statement means in my opinion.

The link also says 40 delivered and 25 announced. The ON24 announcement last month said 50 delivered and 30 announced. So we got another 15 contracts since June 2000 atleast. Now we know from the GSM Info online

http://www.gsmworld.com/gsminfo/gsminfo.htm

that there are 400 operators out there who use GSM networks. So so far Nokia has tagged 20% of them. Thats 20% who will also be Nokia 3G Network customers for as we were told that the GPRS system goes on top of the GSM system and the 3G goes on top of the GPRS.

Everytime you hear that we are signing up another GPRS contract we are actually signing up a future 3G contract as well. This is tremendous news for networks outside of Europe are paid for in USDollars.

I won't be able to sleep now that I figured all this out. I wonder if Wall Street has figured this out yet?

I should stop doing analysis at 1:45 AM for I might find out these little Eurekas and then have to take sleeping pills on top of all the other pills I take.

See you all tomorrow,

MYCROFT :-)
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.