Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
(from a fellow retiree)

Nokia/Alcatel/Lucent Retirement Benefits at Risk

Retiree and Friends,

If you want to continue the present benefits you now receive, I suggest you contact your State and National Representatives and Senators before it’s too late. Don’t say I told you so, NALU is gearing up to defund our LTPP fund and you and your families will suffer for not acting before December 2019. We need to act now before our LTPP fund is dead broke, think about life without our retirement benefits?? Below is my offering, but say something before it’s too late……

(Senator, Representative, President), do you really understand? Nokia/Alcatel/Lucent is moving Occupational retirees and $3B in assets out of our retirement (LTPP) plan into their Management retirement plan (ALRIP). Our LTPP plan is well funded for future benefits and their ALRIP is underfunded.

What we, the beneficiaries see happening is, NALU is moving occupationals and funds into their management plan and before long, they will be saying, there is no difference in the two plans and since one is under-funded, they can move funds in and out to support either fund.

The problem is, their ALRIP is severely underfunded due to exorbitant payouts and their mismanagement and soon our LTPP fund will be exhausted, putting nearly 80K retirees and their dependents at risk of losing our pensions and benefits.

We need your help and we need it now!!!

signed...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.