Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Before I continue to proceed into unfamiliar territory, interest (from CDs and state bonds) and maybe dividends reported under my father's social security number needs to be transferred to an estate return.

I have been reading Publication 550. If I am reading this correctly, a 1099-INT and 1099-DIV would be issued to the estate and reported to the IRS using a 1096 as a cover form. No e-filing because the 1096, 1099-div, and 1099-int must be original forms.

Interest is received on several 1099s. Since interest is being transferred to one EIN, is only one 1099-INT required?

For accuracy, there should also be a 1099-DIV, but it seems overkill to transfer $15 in dividends.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.