Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello ,I have a question.

I heard there is $2000 limit for combined traditional IRA and Roth IRA . Does that mean I can contribute a maximum of $2000 either in Roth IRA or Traditional IRA or both.

If that is true then what is this Non deductable IRA.
Can I contibute as much money as I want in Non deductable IRA and not deduct it ,yet Contribute a maximum of $2000 to either traditional IRA or Roth IRA.

The reason I am asking is,I just opened a Roth IRA for 1999 and would like to open another Roth IRA for 2000 year. Now as per the rules I can't contribute another $2000 in Traditional IRA for year 2000 becasue I want to open Roth IRA for $2000 for year 2000.

Since I want to save more for my retirement and build tax defered earnings I would like contribute some more money in NON DEDUCTABLE IRA. Is That possible. If not who is applicable for NON DEDUCTABLE IRA.


Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.