Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello!

First time posting on this board, I hope its a good place for this question.

I live in Indiana but am currently in Florida on a consulting project. Twice now I asked National City (bank in Indiana) to send me deposit slips. Both times they have sent me deposit envelopes used to mail them deposits, but NO DEPOSIT SLIPS! Also the deposit envelope tells me that I need to include a deposit slip.

I only have one deposit slip left to last me 1-2 months, and my question is, is it possible for me to use an ATM at a local bank here in Florida to deposit money to my national city account? I can of course withdraw money, but I did not know if ATM deposits were only allowed for that specific bank I am making the deposits at.

I get income from freelance work, and expenses in the form of a check, and I need to find the best way to get that money to my account back in Indiana!

I can ask my bank again for deposit slips, but they failed me twice, so I'm hoping ATM Deposits are an option.

thanks,

Vegas
Print the post Back To Top
When I haven't had a deposit slip to send in with my checks, I have just written the pertinent information (acct info., total of all checks included, my name, etc.) on an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of paper and told them that I ran out of deposit slips. They've always deposited my checks just fine.

I'd be wary of ATM deposits -- I've never done it, and I have heard horror stories of deposits not being credited or credited improperly.

Cassandra
Hi Vegas,
Here is a way to deposit without a deposit ticket. Write a letter to NCB and mail it to either the address on the bank by mail envelope or call your branch and ask the manager for the mailing address of the branch. Then send your letter and endorsed check FOR DEPOSIT ONLY to NCB. In your letter be sure to include your account number of the account you wish to deposit to. This should work.
Have a good day!
Dave
I haven't done ATM deposits....but I've mailed deposits without a deposit slip before.

I just write for deposit only to <account_no>. Actually, I now use a deposit stamp (like the ones they offer when you order checks).

The Dreamer
Thanks guys, sounds like I don't need deposit slips. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

-Vegas