Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
In the past, non-resident members of Pennsylvania partnerships could "elect" to participate in the partnership's Non-Resident Consolidated Pennsylvania State Return. In this manner, the electing members were relieved from filing a non-resident return with the state of Pennsylvania.

As a general rule, do other states offer this option to their non-resident partnership members? And if so, do the publicly traded partnerships etc. offer this avenue as an option to their members with a similar non-resident state tax status? This would seem to simplify the non-resident state tax reporting requirements imposed by holding a publicly trade partnership.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.