Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Living in Switzerland and paying Swiss taxes is enough! As a U. S. citizen who owns property in the U. S. and has a small Datek account, where do I go to find out questions about U. S. taxes? I've never made enough $ to have to have to file for taxes in the past. I know next to nothing about taxes except that the IRS is a large toothed carnivorous monster that prays on defenseless citizens like myself. Help!
Do I want to be resident, non-resident or other? Will the dividends and interest from Datek get me into trouble with the IRS? Please direct me to a good source that starts with the basics and then will answer the more complicated questions of investments of people abroad.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.