Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

None the less, your point is well taken. As far as the system is concerned, the name of the game is "How do we spend the
least amount of dollars on this pathetic person?" The obvious result is that it's cheaper for the government to provide the help
for troubled folks than to endure the consequences of untreated mentally impaired folks on the street.

--
In Michigan, if it's a social program as the above, I predict they get
it so screwed up that who ever was trying to help the 'maniac' would end up in the mental facility. Or do we have a mental facility? Maybe not.
The new list came out for State certified day-care workers----278 were convicted child molesters!!! They forgot. OOPS. I called half the officials in Lansing and screamed until I lost my voice. Don't know why
I bothered---they just rattled off all the people they have working now.
I SWEAR TO GOD IT'S TRUE! I have the newspaper clipping to prove it.
But, I'm a psycho because I know what those kids will go thru I've seen it over and over--they never heal. But, by-golly, they will work!!!!
Becky
Oh, you call 10 days 'treatment'? Anyone that bad would have to stay a year, minimum---to have a chance. But healing is not what this State is about. Bootstraps, baby!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.