No. of Recommendations: 0
Nope.

It may be more prevalent now, with bad economic situations, but it's happened to me for years. And that doesn't even include the charities which then sell our names.

After I made a donation to our local PBS station, they began sending so many solicitations, I started to collect hem. In one year, there were something like 35 pieces of mail, and that doesn't include the first bunch that I had tossed. When I had a year's worth of these solicitations, I sent them the the PBS chairman, telling them how much I resented their wasting money and paper/resources, and this was NOT why I made a donation.

So, yeah, it's not you.

~~ Alison

Thanks.

I X-Posted my original message on another board and the multiple issues you raise came up there too. One person asked who pays for all the mailings. Another person made the comment that they make a donation but also send a letter saying no solicitations. One of the thoughts going through my mind was concern that a charity was burning bridges with these multiple solicitations. I understand the economic conditions are bad, which is partly why both entities got multiple donations, but the message bombardment was new to me.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.