Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Not accurate,

Technically, we're both wrong. We both said a "majority of Americans". With well over 300 million residents, neither Clinton nor Biden received sufficient votes to be the majority of Americans.

I suppose I could adjust that 300+ million for non-citizens and those not of voting age. But I'm pretty sure that both of those together would not be sufficient to get to a majority of American citizens of voting age. (I want to say non-citizens are around 7% of the population, and those under 18 are about 25%. But that's all from memory, which is not always reliable nor up to date.)

But if we adjust things to look at a majority of votes cast, we finally get to your point. Clinton won something like 48% of the vote, while Biden is around 51%.

At any rate, Trump has never received the most votes in any election. In terms of raw votes cast, another candidate was preferred by more voters both times.

In the end, you're killing my buzz. I'm trying to get under the thin skin of people repeating the malicious lies of widespread voter fraud by pointing out that their candidate has never received more votes than his opponent in any election.

--Peter
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.