Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I am beginning to feel like I will never get through the Swedish Death Cleaning. I was actually looking back on a closed board for some info only to find that I was starting to deal with the stamp collections in 2010. I know why it didn't continue.

I feel better about it because I really hadn't put it off so long. Even better(long story), I seem to have found a local person who is knowledgeable and will get moving along when I get back from the next trip. There is a group about which I really know little. On the parts where I have knowledge, my memory is fairly accurate in terms of what I thought was valuable. There are also a few surprises that are also valuable.

I'm not looking to win the lottery. I am tired of feeling responsible for things that may or may not be valuable. The interim advice to my son is get knowledgeable help because there are valuable pieces.* I do have a friend in a similar situation with whom I commiserate.

I so enjoyed the implication I would be a tax cheat on the tax board. I'll do my best when it's all said and done. There have already been surprises. Some of it dates back to my grandfather(who died when I was 2). I also have some foreign currency that must have been my father's(he was in the merchant marine) but I am pretty sure most of it is so out of date to be unusable. It's probably the last thing I will deal with in all of this. Did I mention I have my mother's and grandmother's jewelry with little idea of what has value and what doesn't ?

*This went with - "Don't bother looking for cash - there's none hidden. Oh wait, do look for the foreign currency because I seem to keep a stash of a few different ones for the next trip."
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.