Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 7
Not at all. (Thought I could make a public link but in the interest of time:)
Positive Earnings Surprises (90 days): Medium, High or Very High (as of now that's 19.84% to 60.17% and up to crazy numbers)

Revenue Growth (TTM vs prior TTM): High or Very High

Volume (30 Day Average): High or Very High

Price Performance 13 weeks: all categories other than Negative.

Sector: select/check the ones in top 3 of 6M performance. This step requires looking at sector performance tables elsewhere in Fidelity Research or your research site of choice. Also, there's no magic to the 6 month lookback, I just thought 3 months was too short, TTM may be too long; even an average or the weighted average of ranks in those 3 lookbacks would be valid. Current sectors in this model: Health Care, Consumer Discretionary and Information Technology. Communication Services has recently been in and out of the top 3 based on the week, so I also have that selected.

I also added a stock price above 6 crap filter.

Last step: I build in Sheets an average of ranks across the three key metrics (earnings surprise, revenue growth and sector).

I suggest a brief review of each of the companies numbers for sustainability; the screen has picked up some microcap biotechs involved in the CV19 vaccine race, with one-time spikes in earnings from being awarded govt contracts, for instance. Other declining companies with a one-time acquisition spike, etc. Not for me in this approach.

Not completely mechanical, but not out of line with the guardrails.

FC
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.