Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Not hauling a vehicle behind or going to Yosemite. Earlier posts to my question got us to cut out the jaunt over to San Fran. Doing short stops at lots of sites to get a feel for what we'd like to come back and see:

3 days to get to Carlsbad and overnight.
Calsbad Caverns
Camp somewhere between Carlsbad and Four Corners
Four Corners ("short" stop then on to...)
Petrified Forest (overnight)
Grand Canyon (south rim, camp outside park)
Hoover Dam & Vegas (camp in Vegas)
Somewhere between Vegas and Salt Lake
Jackson Hole over night then north through south entrance to Yellowstone
Yellowstone (2 nights, have to switch from Fishing Bridge to Bridge Bay, reservations made)
Take east road out of Yellowstone and stop somewhere between Yellow Stone and Devil's Tower
Devil's Tower over night for pictures at different times of the day
Mt Rushmore over night for pictures at different times of the day
4 days to get home stopping wherever we decide to stop

We have 17 days total. Been searching web for more tips and glad I found a write up on the Bighorns. I originally planed on taking 14 over (west to east). No way I am doing that on our first trip with an rv and will take 16 instead.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.