No. of Recommendations: 7

Not only did Paul Pelosi Jr. get paid thousands for a no-show job which he wasn’t qualified in an effort to buy influence with his politician parent. The same company that paid him is connected to the Clintons as well. -- Gateway Pundit

It saddens me to see how this completes the children's move to "the dark side" of corruption. You don't get a no-show job with pay and keep any semblance of integrity.

It saddens me more that this behavior is viewed as acceptable behavior in Washington (and media) by all of our elected officials from both parties. I've read/heard that everyone does it (probably an exaggeration). This in spite of the fact that it is this very behavior that the vast majority of the voting public (going out on limb here) find totally unacceptable from an ethical and conflict of interest point of view. If someone's son or daughter is receiving substantial compensation from an entity for which they are a) unqualified for and b) requires "no-actual-work effort (no-show)" then how can we possibly expect that elected official to make decisions based solely on the "good of the country or their constituents"?

It's just not possible. Power corrupts. This is corruption at its worst (because viewed acceptable when is clearly not) and there needs to be a law with an enforceable mechanism.

Rich
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.