Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Parger said: >> I found Apathy4's post with his numbers and meds interesting.<<

Well, I tolerated both medications well. The reason the first doc switched me from Glucophage to Avandia is because I couldn't take my medication consistently. Between work schedules and memory (we won't go into which is worse) I wouldn't take the three pills a day. That's why he put me on Avandia (don't remember the dosage) once a day. Soon after, they came out with Glucophage XR. This is when the first doctor moved away.
After awhile, I did something stupid and stopped taking the Avandia as well. My sugar levels were in the normal range and seemed to be staying there. I had this dumb idea that I could/would be cured. The first visit to the doc I have now was pretty sobering. Even though the blood tests were showing I was doing well, he told me not to be fooled and be lulled into a false sense of security. That's when he put me back on Glucophage twice a day, cutting out the middle day pill.

Be well,

Apathy4All
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.