Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 12
This week's compendium, from the AP, of genuine fake news, much of it thanks to Sen. Ron Johnson. The sole item not about covid is also from Wisconsin.

- It's not true that vaccines reduce the rate of covid hospitalization only in the U.S. and not in other countries. Sen. Ron Johnson held a panel in which this claim was made, but the evidence is the other way.

- Health officials in the U.K. did not find that covid vaccination impairs immune response. Another claim from the Johnson panel, but it's not what the U.K. report said.

- Scotland Yard has not launched a criminal investigation into public-health threats caused by covid vaccination, despite anything claimed on social media.

- It's not covid vaccination that causes the development of new variants. Yet another gem from the Johnson panel.

- The Wisconsin Assembly did not vote to withdraw its slate of Biden electors. A measure was introduced but it's not being brought up for a vote, and it would have no effect anyway.

- Videos do not show a convoy of trucks heading from South Carolina to Ottawa to protest cross-border mandates. The trucks were at a Special Olympics event last year. Videos also do not show a convoy of Mennonite buggies protesting such a thing. The video shows Mennonites going to church in Ontario.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-sports-scien...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
THE TROUBLE IS...the base that these lies are made for will BELIEVE them, and the cynical GQP politicians know this. They DON'T CARE.
No. of Recommendations: 15
THE TROUBLE IS...the base that these lies are made for will BELIEVE them, and the cynical GQP politicians know this. They DON'T CARE.

I suffer from care fatigue. I don't have it in me to give a hoot at this point. The Republicans that I know that I care about, they are vaccinated (friends). The rest? I don't care if they die or not. As they scream at the top of their lungs, it's their choice. It shouldn't be (i.e. government should mandate it), but it is. So they can die with their choice. Makes no difference to me. I just wish they would hurry up about it so the rest of us can get back to some semblance of "normal".

1poorguy
No. of Recommendations: 0
He’s a moron.
No. of Recommendations: 1
He’s a moron.

You misspeeled maroon.

CNC