No. of Recommendations: 0
Not really.

Most ways for a lender to collect revolve around laws of a particular location.

The costs of pursuing a debt across boards is too expensive in most cases.

Most business practices at a credit card company have no way for dealing with such cross boarder situations.

So the practical answer is: No.

BTW - You will likely have to declare in the BK foreign assets and they might already show on a tax return. If you lie you are committing a crime (fraud). Such crimes can involve jail time is you are committing a criminal act (fraud). If you declare the assets but make the lender try to collect then you might find they give up (cost vs. reward for collecting).

If you want to own a home, go to FL, buy a home, declare a homestead exemption and then go BK.

Print the post  


UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.