No. of Recommendations: 0
As stated above about a week ago started seeing the above message using safari when opening the site?
Actually says.. Not Secure-boards.fool.com
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
I'm flagging your post to get some additional help.

Fuskie
Who has not heard of this message before specific to an iPhone...

-----
Ticker Guide for The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Intuit (INTU), Live Nation (LYV), CME Group (CME) and MongoDB (MDB), Trip Advisor (TRIP), Vivendi SA (VIVHY)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post (tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure)
Fool Code of Conduct: https://www.fool.com/legal/the-motley-fools-rules.aspx#Condu...
I see that Not Secure message too.

Ken
I see the same thing.

Wiseguy
No. of Recommendations: 1
Tightening of secureness on Apple's part:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208672
I'm getting the same message.

Now what?
That article has a publication date of 3/29/2018. So I wonder is some switch got flipped at Apple's end or at TMF's.
No. of Recommendations: 1
This is a bit like a case of saying failure to wear a seat belt can kill you.

It could be dangerous. The chances (The percentage of a million websites that are bad) is very low. But some portion of the bad pages are very bad.)

https://9to5mac.com/2019/03/26/iphone-not-secure-safari/
So should someone notify TMF as many of us have our CC’s on file for paying services?
I rarely use any iOS browser for access to TMF, and I do not see the warning on my desktop Mac, where I do see the https header it seems be bumpy about, so maybe it's the iOS's Safari that has the trip point set too tight, or maybe TMF has a display screen version if a mobile is detected...

I haven't seen it be a problem, so far...
What browser do you use on your phone to access TMF?
So should someone notify TMF as many of us have our CC’s on file for paying services?

No - you are protected by Reg E
Safari but have Firefox n Chrome aboard. Just opened this thread in iOS and do not see any warning. FWIW.
No. of Recommendations: 3
I have already flagged this issue for FoolHQ attention.

Fuskie
Who hopes a response if forthcoming...

-----
Ticker Guide for The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Intuit (INTU), Live Nation (LYV), CME Group (CME) and MongoDB (MDB), Trip Advisor (TRIP), Vivendi SA (VIVHY)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post (tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure)
Fool Code of Conduct: https://www.fool.com/legal/the-motley-fools-rules.aspx#Condu...
To clarify, I did NOT see the warning in iOS Safari when at TMF.

Or on my desktop OSX Safari, either, current versions everywhere...
No. of Recommendations: 4
Hi Fools,

Tech team member here. For clarification, the "not secure" label is applied to any site not using HTTPS. A few parts of the overall website still use HTTP and are subject to that label, but most are HTTPS. All parts of our site which deal with account data are HTTPS-enforced and otherwise secured at the industry standard (PCI) for compliance with our payment providers. As a particular point of clarity, we do not store credit card data ourselves, but rely on industry vendors for the billing and storage of that data.

We are looking into this report though, as boards in general is HTTPS compliant, but certain paths into it may result in this unexpected behavior.

Thank you for your reports!
I don't know where else I can ask/post this, but since you say you are a "tech team member," I'll ask here.

On the "My Fool" page for "Foolish Utilities," it used to give periodic updates on the DOW, S&P and NASD. It's been frozen for some time - weeks at least - and does not update. Did TMF kill that or is there some setting I need to adjust?

Thanks in advance.

Ken
This is probably related to the month-long project of validating a new data feed source. The old feed service has long needed to be replaced but the new feed provider needed extensive validation before being released to Fools. Unfortunately, that could only be performed in the live environment, which has meant cutting off the the data to the public across most if not all of Fooldom.

Fuskie
Who is hoping this will be completed by May but has not heard anything official...

-----
Hi Ken and others,

I'm not planning to respond to any additional "general tech" questions within this thread and am not generally active on the boards. Maybe Fuskie can provide a better suggestion, but Improve The Fool would be the place I'd post something.

For this specific issue, I actually see some code changes happening in the last 48 hours addressing the indices display, so they are working on it now and it should be fixed relatively soon based on past experience with the team involved. To confirm Fuskie's message, it was related to the quote provider change and was known but lower on the priority list than other fixes in this cutover. Several development teams have been working on hiding and re-exposing data as it has been corrected or made available by the new provider.

Lots of dust, but it is beginning to clear.
I thank you and Fuskie for your responses.

Ken