Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Not so much on my stock trading more with an eye on what my (if I live long enough) latter years may hold.
It may surprise you but I rarely have the intent to day trade I'm more focused in following terms of trend that last from weeks to months.
Maybe your right , maybe it's more something that interests me, but I do think it has implications both in investment & social area's.

Hi JR

Yes...I also ponder on the effect it may have on me personally. I guess that having enough cash will solve most of the problems on an individual level but that won't help with the larger picture.

As far as Long term investing goes then my philosphy of KISS seems to suggests two things. Invest in areas that will benefit from an aging population (Biotech being jujst one), and concentrate on finding individual companies that have a uniqe product or service (and the patents to protect it) and stick with them through to major profit.

Keeping it Simple may take longer and involve a bit of faith but it at leasts lets me get on with the rest of my life and not have to worry too much about the latest market movements. In other words I guess I view my investments as a pension rather than a job.

IF I had more time I might well have followed your path....though I do enjoy keeping up with "trenders" like you, I must say.

Jon
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.