No. of Recommendations: 1
Not that my opinion is worth much, but this strikes me as a decent idea compared to a classic 60-40 portfolio. Here is a chart of the index back to 2006. You can add SPY and AOR (an allocation fund) for comparison.

https://stockmarketmba.com/analyze.php?s=SWANXT

The fund (SWAN) has only existed for a little over a year, but it's kept up well. Long steady bulls will leave it behind, however. It needs a bit of volatility to show its stuff, as it has of late.

Wisdom Tree has a different take on a related concept: a 90/60 balanced fund (NTSX): 90% of the money goes into SPX and the other 10% buys treasury futures to created a "60/40" port with 150% leverage.

All this seems very clever to me, but I wonder about public uptake: do these kinds of funds risk falling into a gap between what sophisticated investors are looking for and what unsophisticated ones are willing to try/tolerate. I really have no idea.

Baltassar
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.