Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Not the greatest technical analyst here, but I'd blame the Wall St. Herd Mentality - although with justification. The entire B2C group has been hammered - looking at sites going under, being bought out at fire sales rates (cd now, et al), AMZN still burning cash too fast, now PCLN's "DONT name your own price for gas and groceries anymore". Hard to find any good news for this group. Last but not least, KNOT is still not yet profitable. Wall St. HATES uncertainty, and KNOT's future is not crystal clear. I'm betting they'll be ok - burn rate less than many sites, marketing costs low (unlike AMZN), strong market share, rising memberships, rising sales of gifts (not 100% dependent on ads), etc. However, David and Carley are not in the black yet. I can wait for that - this is more a side bet than banking my retirement (obviously!). KNOT's price has been holding steady around / above $3 and has bounced up from upper 2's. Current $3 floor is NOT a cause to celebrate, but beats the $1 lottery tickets of other b2c's. Still, the risk is one I'm taking (life is a risk anyway), but this isn't for everyone. Good luck, KNOT holders.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.