Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Not yet...
Print the post Back To Top
wan123: Anyone on soc sec who paid IRS taxes( did not receive refund} get their $1200 or not get it yet like me?

We finally succeeded in establishing contact. Latest advice is that they have our info and will process the check some day soon.

CNC
Click here:
https://boards.fool.com/bad-link-try-this-one-9-potential-ha...

Then follow the link.
I hope that will help.

😷
ralph
The Countess ferreted out a site that says Wed 13 of May for ours.

CNC
Anyone on soc sec who paid IRS taxes( did not receive refund} get their $1200 or not get it yet like me?

Yes. I went to the IRS "Get my Payment" site (https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment )
and entered the routing and account information of the savings account where I wanted it deposited. I received it the next week.
We paid taxes and we received our stimulus check this week.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Anyone on soc sec who paid IRS taxes( did not receive refund} get their $1200 or not get it yet like me?

The weird thing about the Get Your Payment web site is that it always gave me an error message when I used the home address reported on my 2018 Federal Tax Return. Additional Federal taxes were owed when the return was filed electronically.

I moved after my wife died last year. I updated my Social Security and VA address records after I moved. I discovered that I had to use my current address when using the Get Your Payment web site to get any information about the payment.

A deposit of $1775.20 was made to my credit union account on 06 May 2020.
Got this in an email today from the folks doing my taxes.

----------------
IRS issued this notice TODAY at 3:46 PM:

"People must use the 'Get My Payment' app by noon Wednesday (May 13, 2020) for a chance to get their Economic Impact Payment aka stimulus check by direct deposit."

After May 13, direct deposit is no longer available and the checks will be mailed. Taxpayers can expect to receive mailed checks beginning in late May 2020.

---------------

I am on SS and have not received an IRS refund.
So I went to the IRS website and entered the details for the account I wanted the $1200 deposited in.
It arrived about 6 days later.
Yes, we're in the same boat.

We don't get tax refunds (I design it that way) and so we don't use direct deposit and I ain't giving the IRS my checking account routing information. So for us and those like us, its sit and wait.

BruceM
In conversation my CPA said people in your boat can input banking information to the IRS if they register with the federal site for paying taxes & estimated taxes. (Link below) Since the requirements for a refund check include something for recent years taxes, I would go one step further and pay $1.00 in estimated taxes for TY2020

https://www.eftps.gov/eftps/
We don't get tax refunds (I design it that way) and so we don't use direct deposit and I ain't giving the IRS my checking account routing information. So for us and those like us, its sit and wait.

BruceM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are in the same boat.
BruceM,

I do the same as you - finally got our check today.

Patience!!!
windrath
just curious, where are you geographically? I think I read they are doing the mailings by regions.

BruceM
just curious, where are you geographically? I think I read they are doing the mailings by regions.

BruceM

I don't think it is/was geographical. We got ours by direct deposit last week. We are on the Best Coast. Friends on the Least Coast haven't got theirs yet.

CNC
https://www.eftps.gov/eftps/

Is registering there enough?
Is registering there enough?

It may be now, it wasn't before.

I'm in WA state. Received my check 11 May in the mail.

My Saga:

I could not get the "Get My Payment" to recognize me at first.

My 2018 Line 20 was zero as I used my overpayment against 2019 Q1 ES. Long story short, I used zero for the Line 20 info they wanted, it recognized me & payment bank for stimulus. Said check back to find out when it would be deposited.

Couple days later it then sez they're gonna mail me the check (knew the 1st info was a lie..:)), and I'm groaning expecting Sep+. Not needed but held up a significant 2019 state refund from an out of state home sale.

Then 1 May they say it will mail 8 May.

It apparently did as I had it Monday afternoon (11th) & remotely deposited it. They also had the same direct deposit info from my SS income.
Northwest - outside Portland, Oregon.

Good Luck.
Well, we're over the river in Vancouver...you know...the tax haven to the north

Got our $2,400 check in snail mail today.

BruceM
Wow - we are neighbors. :)

Although unrelated to this thread, no doubt you have followed it. The Metro Council (manages the three counties around Portland, OR) got their "Homeless" fund raiser passed yesterday. The initiative is gonna raise upwards of $250 million/yr to provide assistance to about 15,000 homeless or close to homeless individuals. That comes to a handout of almost $17,000/homeless or at-risk person.

For 10 years!!!

I was donating to homeless support - not any more though. I am completely empathetic to their plight, but this was a tax on the wealthy and I wonder how it is gonna be managed. And, I bet donations to those organizations that help at-risk people will decline markedly. :(

PW
No. of Recommendations: 2
Well, we're over the river in Vancouver...you know...the tax haven to the north

Got our $2,400 check in snail mail today.

BruceM

Well, the story ain't over yet....

We stopped by US Bank to deposit it on our way out of town for the holiday. Bank was closed but the ATM outside the bank was open, so we waited in line to do the deposit. Followed all the prompts inserting the IRS check and our ATM card, but at the end of the transaction, the ATM printed out a note saying the deposit had not been made and to check with the bank in 10 days. What?!?!

I pounded on the bank door until someone answered, who looked it up and basically said, "yup, you should hear something within 10 days"

Nice. I wonder what I'd do if we really needed that check to, say, pay our overdue rent?

BruceM
did not get ours yet!
PW
Actually, that's one of the reasons we didn't buy in Portland when we returned after our 20 year military absence and moved over the river. It was clear Portland was acting like a magnet to the far left, something we were much concerned about, and as it has turned out, rightfully so.

From Oregon Live....

Businesses in the Portland area that bring in more than $5 million a year in gross Oregon revenue would face a 1% tax on their profits

Oh boy! So this is going to ensure affordable housing and social services to those individuals who have elected to live on the street? And this worked so well in Seattle.

We don't know how this is going to turn out, and we certainly hope for the best. But if like other such well-intentioned programs like this, here is what is likely

Many are now incentivized to leave their apartments, save their rent/utility money, move onto the street and wait for the free food/utilities/housing.

Those running the program will expect to be well compensated with annual raises and bonuses

Businesses in Portland will start doing cost/benefit analysis on relocating to a more business friendly location.

The costs of this program and the myriad of support services that will inevitably grow with it, are going to rise out of control and the original $250MM will seem a distant memory.

The homeless problem will grow out of contol

In Seattle, the city council's unanimous vote for a employee capitation tax on the large businesses there to 'solve' the homeless crisis resulted in a subsequent closed-door coming-to-Jesus meeting with representatives of the business community that swiftly helped council members see the error of their ways, thus quickly reversed the city council vote. Not sure if the business in Portland have the clout of a Microsoft or Costco or Amazon and not sure if these local businesses can reverse this vote through litigation. But like Seattle, those in charge in Portland who think throwing money at the problem will somehow solve it are almost certainly going to make the problem they have much worse.

We'll see

BruceM
Nice. I wonder what I'd do if we really needed that check to, say, pay our overdue rent?

BruceM

You could always send an irate tweet!

CNC
Well, the story ain't over yet....

We stopped by US Bank to deposit it on our way out of town for the holiday. Bank was closed but the ATM outside the bank was open, so we waited in line to do the deposit. Followed all the prompts inserting the IRS check and our ATM card, but at the end of the transaction, the ATM printed out a note saying the deposit had not been made and to check with the bank in 10 days. What?!?!

I pounded on the bank door until someone answered, who looked it up and basically said, "yup, you should hear something within 10 days"

BruceM

You're first mistake...US BANK! While my Mom was still alive, I threatened not to do her estate after she passed unless she closed her US Bank account. I told her I wouldn't step foot into US Bank but for years and years I couldn't get her to budge. She has passed and I'm just waiting for all the checks to clear and then that baby is getting closed and I will never step foot in a US Bank again! I can't tell you how many mistakes they've made over the years. TWICE I had to go in and sign signature cards because they lost them...TWICE with in a MONTH!

Utahtea....so happy to be done with US Bank FOREVER!
utahtea: You're first mistake...US BANK!

I would reword that as Your first mistake...Useless Bank!

CNC
We used them as our business bank back when we had our business,
utahtea: You're first mistake...US BANK!

I would reword that as Your first mistake...Useless Bank!

CNC
We used them as our business bank back when we had our business,

PERFECT! I worked for my parents company for 20 years and I was on all their business and personal accounts. I personally didn't have a US Bank account but having to deal with their account made it a no brainer for me. I kind of get why my Mom kept the account, she was one of the first to get a safe deposit box when the branched open. It was HUGH and FREE and had free checking but she had another bank account that had free checking too. When her house was broken into they were able to break into her safe very easily...I guess they were mad when all she had in there were years and years of tax returns! I could have kept the account and the free safe deposit box since my name was on it but I really did not want to walk into US Bank ever again!

Utahtea
anyone not receive stimulus check yet?
Not yet...
anyone not receive stimulus check yet?

I received my Stimulus direct deposit on April 14. (I got a refund for 2018 taxes, so the IRS had my direct deposit info.)

My wife's Stimulus direct deposit is pending and will be credited to her account tomorrow (May 28). (She is receiving SS and hasn't received any IRS direct deposits for tax years 2018 or 2019.)