No. of Recommendations: 2
Note: I'm on record as weeping openly at any mention of pumping and dumping. To me, it's the last possible resort. YMMV, of course, but here's my singular experience:

When Tigger was 13 months old, I went for a weekend trip by myself and pumped, oh, ten bags or so over a four day period. I froze them at my friend's house and packed them in my carry on bag, figuring they'd thaw on the way home and could be first in line for his bottles/cups when I got home. It worked out great.

Know that the TSA has different rules regarding breastmilk (and the gel packs that cool it) so they're not subject to the usual rules for liquids in carry ons. Just be sure to "declare" your stash at security, separately from your other liquids (they of the Ziploc quart-sized bag). If any milk is unfrozen, they may do that litmus test thing where they open a bottle or bag and wave the strip of paper over it (had that happen when traveling with the dudes) but it's not a big deal and doesn't take long.

http://www.tsa.gov/traveling-formula-breast-milk-and-juice
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.