Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
{{Nothing requires Evolution to only work from simpler systems to more complex systems.}}

Are you aware of such a progression? I have not studied where an organism de-evolved into a simpler organism.

Just so we understand each other, the organisms don't 'de-evolve'. They are evolving, by simplifying some of their systems. A simplier system may be better suited for an organisms need. For example, legs on dolphins and whales simplifed into fins. Also consider at wings on ostriches and penguins.

The penguin wing is very useful for swimming. It may have evolved from a more complex wing that allowed for flight. I'm not a biologist, so don't ask me for a proof. Behe is the one using IC to eliminate the possibility of evolution in a system. IMHO, he's only considered the case for evolution from a simpler system, not evolution from a more complex system. For IC to hold water, he needs to address the pathway from more complex systems.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.