No. of Recommendations: 5
There exists nothing so repugnant as a so-called "poll worker" who admits that she voted multiple times (on national television) for Obama in a single election. http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/20/ohio-poll-worker-may-have-...

There exists nothing so repugnant as a tenured MATHEMATICS professor who required her students to sign a pledge to vote 'for Obama and democrats up and down the ticket" IN HER CLASS. http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/18/community-college-student-...

By the way, the professor's actions are called "electioneering". It is illegal under the laws of the land to require anyone to pledge to anything, or to coerce others by direct or implied threat against them which is what this woman did.

There exists nothing so repugnant as a "representative" a "legislator" who is so dismissive toward women that he states they don't even know if they're being raped. "“It’s why we have call boxes. It’s why we have safe zones. That’s why we have the whistles, because you just don’t know who you’re going to be shooting at. And you don’t know if you feel like you’re going to be raped, or if you feel like someone’s been following you around or if you feel like you’re in trouble when you may actually not be, that you pop out that gun and you pop … pop a round at somebody.” http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2013/02/20/co...

Perhaps as offensive is the "apology" of Salazar, where he said he "did not intend for his remarks to offend anyone" but did not apologize for the utter stupidity of the remarks themselves. He would rather have women defenseless and having to resort to vomiting or peeing on their attackers than have them capable of defending themselves with a weapon. Mr. Salazar's statements seem to imply that women are incapable of protecting themselves with deadly force - i.e. they are too 'emotional' to carry a firearm, apparently, and certainly 'have no concept of what rape is' or 'apparently women are incapable of recognizing whether they are being raped or not'.

There exists nothing so repugnant as a school that would issue this 'rape prevention tip sheet' for female students. (University of Colorado, Colorado Springs)

"What To Do If You Are Attacked

These tips are designed to help you protect yourself on campus, in town, at your home, or while you travel. These are preventative tips and are designed to instruct you in crime prevention tactics.

1. Be realistic about your ability to protect yourself.
2. Your instinct may be to scream, go ahead! It may startle your attacker and give you an opportunity to run away.
3. Kick off your shoes if you have time and can't run in them.
4. Don't take time to look back; just get away.
5. If your life is in danger, passive resistance may be your best defense.
6. Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating.
7. Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.
8. Yelling, hitting or biting may give you a chance to escape, do it!
9. Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm.
10. Remember, every emergency situation is different. Only you can decide which action is most appropriate."

http://www.ibtimes.com/colorado-college-advises-vomiting-or-...

Note: the most disgusting of these "tips" is #9 - the implication that a woman acting on her own behalf to protect herself could be better off simply submitting to rape.

In short, there is nothing so repugnant as Democrats loudly proclaiming that they are supporters of women, while systematically working to eliminate any way that a woman - who is often physically substantially less strong than male assailants - can defend herself from rape, torture or even murder.

There is nothing so repugnant as Democrats pointing fingers at Republicans and claiming that Republicans are waging a war on women, while THEY do their damnedest to stop women from being able to defend themselves.

Well, I am conservative. I see women as being a remarkable and amazing subset of the species homo sapiens. They are complex, articulate, capable of things that the other subset - men - may or may not be able to do. And most certainly, women are capable of making decisions of life and death and of knowing if they are being raped or not.

Perhaps the problem is not women. Perhaps it is a problem of progressive men who wish for some reason, to have women unable to defend themselves.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
There exists nothing so repugnant as a so-called "poll worker" who admits that she voted multiple times (on national television) for Obama in a single election.

That's pretty bad, but I can think of a lot things that are much more repugnant. Odd that you can't.
No. of Recommendations: 3
1) The professor was immediately placed on leave and an investigation has resulted in a recommendation she be fired for cause, saying she created "a hostile academic environment that violated college policy which governs workplace behavior."

Read more: http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2013/02/18/college-seeks-...
Inside Higher Ed

Don't know what more you want done....

2) As for the poll worker, I say she should be prosecuted with her own recorded words used against her. A good, healthy sentence is called for. My only beef is that we can't do the same for TX legislators who routinely vote multiple times by impersonating other legislators.

3) Maybe Salazar should have just qualified what he said in terms of a 'legitimate rape' and mentioned that 'the female body has a way of shutting that whole thing down.". I won't apologize for him unlike Republican'ts who apologize for Akin.

4) You correctly cite tip #9 ("Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm), but then - in a breathtaking wing nut interpretation - amazingly twist that into "the implication that a woman acting on her own behalf to protect herself could be better off simply submitting to rape." [Actually, I'd pull #9 just because things could get worse not only for actions but inaction.]

You seem to be having a rough day....
No. of Recommendations: 4
Congrats on your conservatism, spikie. Since most of your cherry-picked examples would also strike liberals and progressives as repugnant, I'm not sure where the vast conspiracy creeps in.

Your post seems, more than anything, to be a gun-rights monologue. The point has been made repeatedly, on this board and elsewhere, that a couple of previously uncontroversial tweaks to gun-control laws, aimed at reducing the risk of mass homicides, are a far cry from confiscation or disempowerment.

But, of course, that fact won't slow the conspiracy theories--which apparently serve a particular temperament quite nicely. They just don't serve public policy very well.

Steve
No. of Recommendations: 0
3) Maybe Salazar should have just qualified what he said in terms of a 'legitimate rape' and mentioned that 'the female body has a way of shutting that whole thing down.". I won't apologize for him unlike Republican'ts who apologize for Akin.

===================================

You never saw me apologizing for Akin's stupidity. However, the Democratic Party not only did not apologize, they backed Salazar in the most devious manners possibly.

I'm not having a bad day. I am simply angry at the utter stupidity of people - how they are so easily duped by the official party lines and how they suck it all in and repeat it like endless parrots.

And all the time, the power brokers who are using you liberals for their own purposes laugh at you.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Congrats on your conservatism, spikie. Since most of your cherry-picked examples would also strike liberals and progressives as repugnant, I'm not sure where the vast conspiracy creeps in.

Your post seems, more than anything, to be a gun-rights monologue. The point has been made repeatedly, on this board and elsewhere, that a couple of previously uncontroversial tweaks to gun-control laws, aimed at reducing the risk of mass homicides, are a far cry from confiscation or disempowerment.

But, of course, that fact won't slow the conspiracy theories--which apparently serve a particular temperament quite nicely. They just don't serve public policy very well.

Steve

-----------------------------------------------

(sigh...)

Steve...

I did not "cherry pick" and I did not search for items - unfortunately I did not have to do that.

I also did not have to look for these instances of problems with the liberal viewpoint. I simply did a google search which turned up nearly four million results in a fraction of a second.

Since liberals have a hard time doing this, here for your enlightenment is the search link: https://www.google.com/search?q=student+raped+near+police+st...

I'll list some samples for your perusal later.
No. of Recommendations: 0

HE never saw any Republican apologize for Akin.

It is more FOS stuff from folks who can not help themselves.

You see it all the time, just in the last few posts we see more of the it was XXXXX's fault that Obama's health plan sucks, he wanted and would have done perfectly but a few Democrats who really had to kowtow to Republicans were at fault.

I know politicians have to argue against these idiots and that thy hold sway, but I have no idea why anyone takes these clowns seriously.