Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
North Dakota isn't known for much. Maybe our savage blizzards and frigid winters. The movie "Fargo?" Some folks know about the North Dakota Badlands and the time Teddy Roosevelt spent here. When someone reviews and Olive Garden, it's news.

BUT, now we have the wonderful news that the woman in the center of the Petraeus scandal, Paula Broadwell, is from Bismarck and graduated from the high school all my kids attended. Isn't that special.

Gail
Print the post Back To Top
BUT, now we have the wonderful news that the woman in the center of the Petraeus scandal, Paula Broadwell, is from Bismarck and graduated from the high school all my kids attended. Isn't that special.

it will probably make you feel better to look up her yearbook photo. They are almost never attractive, this meany years out.

I wish for you big bangs and lots of AquaNet!

impolite

You should wait until the New York Post calls to tell you your classmate is on the front page of the NYT for being the Mayflower Madam. I bet that's even more fun.

Nancy
No. of Recommendations: 3
You should wait until the New York Post calls to tell you your classmate is on the front page of the NYT for being the Mayflower Madam.

Or you're wrapping glasses, in the process of moving house, and find your classmate's photo staring out at you from a copy of The Times. Turns out she was bonking Prince Andrew and had been for several months....

- Pam (suspect the girl involved was instrumental in the press finding out)
. . . wait until the New York Post calls to tell you your classmate is on the front page of the NYT for being the Mayflower Madam.

Never got the call from a journalist, but Dad told me she was a distant cousin. Of course, as a Mayflower descendant whose ancestors moved away from Massachusetts many generations ago, I'm not that impressed with the ancestry. Rough guess, probably over a quarter or white Americans are Mayflower descendants. For sure there are millions of us. It's not very exclusive, as far as I can tell.

Patzer
Never got the call from a journalist, but Dad told me she was a distant cousin. Of course, as a Mayflower descendant whose ancestors moved away from Massachusetts many generations ago, I'm not that impressed with the ancestry. Rough guess, probably over a quarter or white Americans are Mayflower descendants. For sure there are millions of us. It's not very exclusive, as far as I can tell.

I just traced a batch of relatives to the Arbella, which brought Governor Winthrop, the founding of the Massachusetts Bay Colony, and Blue Laws to America.

But at this point, I'd assume that anyone who has some WASP background is probably a relative of some kind. It's just interesting seeing who would be so angry and frustrated in England that they would think New Hampshire was a better place to live.

Nancy
that's 'just' traced as in yesterday.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Well, ND also has your awesome mom as well as the one senate race Nate Silver got completely wrong.

The woman who was in the center of a certain other larger sex scandal attended my college.

Luckily not at the same time as me....but pretty close.

-synchronicity
No. of Recommendations: 3
The woman who was in the center of a certain other larger sex scandal attended my college.

Luckily not at the same time as me....but pretty close.

A child rapist coached at my college.

PSU
one-upmanship since 1902
A child rapist coached at my college.

PSU
one-upmanship since 1902

My dad was a pervert.