No. of Recommendations: 1
Ok, I’ve been reading all the info the Fool is so generous to provide and my head is Spinning!!!
I have $700 in a brokerage acct. and waiting for The Video tomorrow morning re pot stocks. But, I read where we’re to have high interest credit cards etc. paid off...we have 3 cards we’ve been working on for what seems like forever. For Years it’s been a recurring thought that investing is what I need to do. That $700 seems like pocket change so it’s actually hard to know what to do!
Is it worth buying only a Very Few shares of an expensive stock?
I’m 63, hubby 65. He retired at 63 (w/o discussing it w me!!)He went back to work with the intent of having a part time job doing something he really enjoyed, and ended up at a grocery store working ‘part time’ at over 40hrs a week. Early this year he was offered the management job of a department, now with benefits and a raise and he turned 65. He started collecting SS and this month they are keeping close to half of what he gets for Oct. because he’s already surpassed the $$ limit. I’ve been on disability since 1991 and since Part B increased this year I’m getting less than I did last year. We have one regular IRA with Ed.Jones and Very disappointed with them. It’s Only MFs-is that a good thing? DJ also has a 401k at work that’s just sitting there. How does one begin having it Grow? No one seems to know anything about it! I believe Merrill Edge is the fiduciary.
But, I need to make some money relatively quickly, to use but also be left alone so it can Grow!
Any thoughts on this mess? That’s what it feels like. But I’m convinced I can do Something meaningful with my $700.
Bless yall-anyone who’s gotten this far! Thanks so much!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.