Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I take it everyone heard the reports on the drugs last night. All I can say is ouch for those that invested!
Print the post Back To Top

I take it everyone heard the reports on the drugs last night. All I can say is ouch for those that invested!

I didn't hear any reports on drugs, demiller, only on advertisements. What did you hear on the drugs?

I'm still well in the green on Novogen. Of course I'm sorry to see it retrace like this. But I'm still convinced they're onto something. They'll chose the wording of their ads more carefully next time i'm sure. But the ads were approved before being published.

I'll hang on for ten years or so, as was the plan.

eveline
Lems

There was a report on ABC radio 720 on a drug produced by Novogen that does not do what it is supposed to do. The supposed 'independent' researchers initially contracted by Novogen actually had an investment of 10 million shares in the company and ABC suggested that this was not independence and a huge conflict had been created by this investment (which I tend to agree with by the way as it is difficult to be impartial with 10 million shares staring at you compiling a report - good or bad).

To the point - a separate research and scientific analysis was done on the drug and it was found NOT to do what Novogen (and the initial independent report) said it would do.

The drug has since been withdrawn from sale.

As regards 10 years, one can invest long term strategy when one has money to burn with youth on his or her side. When you mature you realise that 10 years is a hell-of-a-lot of time to hold investments (in fact the Government thinks this as well). There are opportunities to be taken in various other industries and companies it is just that I like to take my profits and invest elsewhere, the turnover does me good and now the CGT benefits does me a little better. Overall I feel that directors of public companies can only be trusted so far as they have their own personal agenda to fulfil first --- b4 the shareholders!

demiller:
To the point - a separate research and scientific analysis was done on the drug and it was found NOT to do what Novogen (and the initial independent report) said it would do.

The drug has since been withdrawn from sale.

This is the first time I've heard about Novogen having had a drug on the market. As far as I know they only sell food-supplements that do not require scientific testing. But Novogen's supplements are scientifically tested anyway. In more than 30 studies world-wide, in independent university hospitals. The first drug in the pipeline is only in clinical phase 1.

Novogen has made a mistake claiming independent scientific research in their ads before this research was peer-reviewed and published. As far as I know, only the advertisement has been pulled, not the supplement.

My stake in Novogen is only a small portion of my total investments and I'm well diversified. Some stocks I sell and move onto something else, some others, where i expect (or sometimes merely hope for) enormous growth opportunities in the long run, i keep and don't worry about price fluctuations or minor set-backs. Novogen's price is just back where it was about a month ago, before it started going up as a result of the heavy advertising.

eveline

Hey demiller,
did you see what happened to Novogen this week? I said the 3.50 was a buying opportunity, well, it's $4.88 now. Guess the bad news wasn't all that important after all.
(-: eveline