Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

I'm holding a bit of nrt (thanks Lems) not as much as I'd like but I'll look to add more on a break above res.

Novogen Ltd (NRT) announced today that its red clover isoflavone dietary supplement was an effective treatment for prostate cancer.

The pharmaceutical company said the supplement for men caused early stage prostate cancer cells to die in numbers five times larger than in an untreated control group.

Novogen said it had tested the supplement on 38 men with confirmed prostate cancer.

The patients were given 160 milligrams of the supplement each day in the lead up to prostate surgery, and were observed in relation to patients who had received no treatment.

Treatment periods ranged from one week to eight weeks.

The incidence of cancer cell death occurred an average of five times more often in patients who had received the treatment.

No adverse effects were reported.

The company recently presented its data at the Third World Congress on the Ageing Male in Berlin.

FROM EGOLI

JR

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.