Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
For awhile there this AM, Corvis (Rev=$0) was sporting a bigger Cap than Seibel (Rev=$1B+). Now that they've flipped places again, I feel a lot more confident going forward.

I'm sure a great many momentum investors will make money on Corvis (in both directions), and it may turn out to be a great company some day. Perhaps even a gorilla. But $27B Cap for a company with nothing but promises and potential? Give me a break.

On the bright side, this kind of idiocy will cause the NASDAQ to crater again and again, presenting opportnities to buy our favorite gorillas "on sale", until all the morons have been shaken out.

Thanks for the opportunity to rant,
Joe O.
Print the post Back To Top
CORV reminds me of all those biotechs that have no drugs. Maybe I'm just an old fogey but I just don't get it. AVCI is having a hay day too. Would someone please explain this to me. What is up with this?

Pilotswife
PW,
Right now, fiber is red hot and all of the companies in the space are seeing their valuations go through the roof. I've seen you on the GLW board and to the inevitable question -- why not GLW and why have they been taking a hit, take a look at what GLW stock has done in the last 12 months or so and understand that gains that come that quickly take time to digest. Look at NUFO, a recent IPO. That baby was as high as $155 or so and has gone up and down like a yo-yo ever since. I suspect that CORV and AVCI will be worth owning once the IPO hype surrounding the stock has died down and the momentum players move to another sector or stock(s).

Cheers,
Dan
Thanks!

Pilotswife