Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Now I get it, literally.

Keep in mind from where this is coming. When I was a PFC many years ago, I received savings bonds. There was some sort of quota in the battalion or brigade; anyway, everyone had a savings bond it seemed. Once the six month period was up, I would cash my bond. I never really paid attention from where they came. I was aware that one could have Finance at Benjamin Harrison (then) hold them for safekeeping--is that still possible or did that end some years ago?

I was still under the impression that the bonds came thru DFAS Cleveland since the main phone number for retiree pay is there at 1-800-321-1080. I received my bond a few days ago--and it was sent out thru DFAS Denver on 3/12.

I suppose if I was still in the service I would know all this. Hope this helps someone else.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.